1. They had already conclusively identified the guy with the cards in his wallet. Dean was looking at the birthmark on his penis for kicks. And he took a nice long look, then complimented the guy.
2. Dean didn’t want Sammy. He wanted someone like a brother, without all the complications. The Siren was a distinctly sexual creature, created in each scenario to be the perfect sexual and personality match for the victim. In every case. The victim’s significant other was not always sexual (ie that one dude’s mom) but the victim’s relationship with the siren always was. Also, the siren was nothing like Sammy in personality or appearance.
3. No one else had a problem not looking at chubby cupid’s chubby.
4. Dean uses specific barbs to get under people’s skins this episode. With Bobby, it was “You’re not my father”. With Sam it was about their brotherhood and trust issues. With Castiel, it’s a sexual come-on. Okay? Okay. That means he both recognizes Cas’ attraction to him and knows how to play it.
5. Dean is a blushing fan girl, who classifies Dr Sexy as sexy because he wears cowboy boots. Dean has a western fetish. Dean doesn’t classify Dr Sexy as sexy to some people, he just classifies him as sexy. Sam is not impressed.
6. Dean forms strong emotional attachments to men very quickly. This guy looked a lot like Cas, and Dean spent the whole season mourning Cas. This is not evidence of bisexuality — or any sexuality — but rather is evidence of Dean’s need for someone to fill the emotional intimacy Cas left void when he died.
7. Dean has specific, sexual body language when he’s interacting with Cas. True, Jensen is a lip-licker. But there are not only various ways to lick your lips — some of which are truly sexual — but there’s also all the other behavior going on in that gif. His realization of what he’s doing, of Cas tracking the movement, his shifty eyes when he checks around in embarrassment to see if anyone noticed. Don’t downplay the body language, because they took several takes of these things and actors are trained to be conscious of their bodies while being honest in a scene (hence screen actors actually taking into account eye placement inspired by sense memories as opposed to imaginary scenarios). This had to get by the director, producer, and editing team. It’s in there deliberately. It didn’t need to be. But it is. For what reason? We get to decide.
8. Crossdressing does not equal gay, but it kinda does in Dean Winchester’s mind. He repeatedly equates the effeminate (or what he thinks is effeminate, which is a ton of things including feelings and probably vegetables) to homosexuality. He’s also suffering from a little bit of gender dysphoria, because he’s attracted to several things that he or someone in his life deemed unmasculine (such as liking ballet movies and wearing ladies underwear). In the fairy tale episode, when confronted with a frog, Dean assumes he’s going to have to take on the female role, bite the bullet and kiss it — so he preemptively says no way, Jose. But it is just one of the ways in which Dean’s defensiveness springs not from an outward attack on his masculinity, but from his inner insecurities. When he is trying to trip up Sam by preying on masculine insecurities “Sam wears women’s underwear!” “Is this yours? [holds up a bra]” it’s projection: Dean wears women’s underwear. And liked it. And he never got over it, whether or not it’s important to us. It says nothing factual to us about his sexuality, but it says a lot to Dean himself.
9. Dean doesn’t have to eye the guy up and down and give him a hi, howyadoin’ smile there. He’s obviously impressed by the guy’s uniform — but, um, you know who else is really impressed by a guy in uniform? Anyone who has a kink for uniforms, or authority. Just sayin’. And again, body language. There are ways to check out an impressive uniform without seeming sexual. This is not one of the ways to do that.
10. There was no 10 but I’m adding it. Did we forget about the boner already? How about the fact that Dean’s supposedly uncomfortable with Cas sharing close physical space with him, but then gets all up into Cas’? How about the fact that Cas can paw through his bag and duffel and Dad’s journal, but the minute he wants to crash in their room, Dean gets super uncomfortable? (Hint: platonic best friends don’t care if you sleep on their floor while their sibling is in the room. Or if you choose to stay up and watch silent tv or read a book while they sleep.) How about the way Dean OBVIOUSLY checks out Cas in scene after scene, stands like 2cm away, and initiates serious heart-to-hearts again and again — something he loathes to do, even with Sammy?
Or how about the fact that Jensen implied Dean used to turn tricks? How about Jeffery’s monologue at Dean about his relationship with the demon being a parallel to Dean’s own state (obviously with his angel, come on, so blatant)? Or how about the fact that he stared at Emmanuel with practically no reservation, just like, awe and heartbreak, and asked repeatedly about his “wife”, like he couldn’t believe it? How about the fact when Meg says, “You go talk to him, he was your boyfriend first” Dean not only doesn’t object, he goes and talks to him.
A while ago whilst watching supernatural, I began to wonder about the burning-on-the-ceiling deaths and why on earth their stomachs bled, which then led to to the possible horrifying conclusion that the women targeted may have been pregnant at the time.
John and Mary had a baby but you never know, they could have accidentally made another
The woman who narrowly escaped this fate was part of a new family with a new baby and again there’s the possibility.
Finally there’s Jess, her and Sam would have had a sexual relationship and again there could have been a small moose growing in her tummy.
Obviously if this even a possibility the pregnancy would be just starting and unknown to the mother and father, but it would explain the whole bloody stomach thing
Or this may just be me putting more pain into an already painful situation
South of Eden (Supernatural: The Next Generation)
The wars are over, the lines have been redrawn, and The Winchesters have been out of the scene for longer than anyone can remember. Everything should go about its business the was it’s supposed to and the world should go right on spinning on its happy little axis.
But when has anything in this world ever gone the way it was supposed to?
On November 2nd, 2023 at exactly the same time, three individuals are affected by the same dark force that has risen from the forgotten depths of Hell. Claire Novak, a former vessel dead set on finding the angel that took everything away from her; Jesse Turner, a forgotten powerhouse anti-christ who just wants to see the family he was forced to leave behind; and Ben Braeden, a man who’s being haunted by visions of a life he can’t remember living even though it feels just as real as the one he’s leading now.
Together they need to learn how to navigate the hunting world and follow the trail leading them to the lost Winchesters, who seem to be the only ones who can stop the darkness that’s coming for all of them.
It’s a race against good and evil, and only one side will get the answers they seek.
|Writer a:||we trucked up|
|Writer a:||what are we gonna do now? They mad and out for blood|
|Writer b:||*shrugs* I guess we could listen and create a well rounded female character who isn't there solely to fuel the theme of 'man pain.'|
|Writer b:||or we could consider the possibility of solidifying the relationship we've established between Dean and Cas.|
|Writer a:||how do you feel about singing?|
I’m constantly confused by the fact that so many people don’t realise both “Sam” and “Sammy” are nicknames
I read so much fic where “Sam Winchester” is on his headstone or official documentation or ID and I just
but Sam is his real name
(screen shot from 1x15, the police records on S&D)
honestly it’s gotten to the point where
is a more believable age transition than
THEY LITERALLY HAVE THE SAME FUCKING MOUTH ARE YOU KIDDINGspn,supe ME RIGHT NOW
COLIN AND JARED LOOK MORE ALIKE THAN JARED AND JARED HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENS
I find it hilarious that as a fandom, when it comes to this;
The general consensus is wings or it didn’t happen.
We ignore completely and deny any possibility that Gabriel is actually dead.
WHY COULDN’T WE HAVE HAD HUNTER!CAS LIKE THIS. AND HAVE HIM IN LIKE MOST OF THE EPISODES HELPING ON REGULAR WEEKLY CASES.
TRYING HIS BEST AND SOMETIMES NOT BEING SO HELPFUL , BUT OTHER TIMES BEING SURPRISINGLY SUPER-HELPFUL AND HAVING A REALLY BRILLIANT IDEA OR TWO. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY JUST BEING THERE TO MAKE DEAN SMILE A LOT. AND THEN FOR SAM TO SEE DEAN/CAS LOOKING ALL DOPEY AND SMILEY AT EACH OTHER AND GET THAT KNOWING LITTLE SAM-SMIRK BECAUSE ITS SO CONTAGIOUS AND MAKES HIM HAPPY TO. AND THEN SAM INITIATING A PRANK WAR WITH CAS. AND DEAN SAYING HE ISNT GOING TO TAKE SIDES, BUT THEN CHEATING AND GIVING CAS SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO GET BACK AT SAM.
AND CAS LEARNING ABOUT HUMAN THINGS, NOT JUST MESSING STUFF UP AND BEING AWKWARD AND WONDERING HOW TO USE TOOTHPASTE PROPERLY, BUT GOING THROUGH EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCES THAT MAKE US ALL THINK ABOUT WHAT IT IS TO BE HUMAN. YOU KNOW PROFOUND STUFF LIKE DO THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW? AND IS SIMPLE STUPID HUMAN LOVE THE MOST POWERFUL THING OF ALL? YOU KNOW, THE KIND OF CHEESY CRAP THAT I SIGNED UP FOR WHEN I STARTED WATCHING THIS SHOW LIKE THE FREEWILL VS DESTINY AND THEMES OF FAMILY AND LOVE. AND THEN TYING IT ALL IN WITH ABADDON AND A COOL ANGELS-ON-EARTH PLOT IT COULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME.
I DON’T JUST WANT TO SEE A BUNCH OF WONDERFUL AND CUTE SIDE CHARACTERS AND DYING FOR NO REASON??? THIS COULD HAVE BEEN THE MOST EPIC SEASON YET, AND FOR A WHILE - FOR AS LONG AS CAS WAS HUMAN - IT COULD HAVE BEEN THE HAPPIEST WE WOULD EVER SEE DEAN.
AND THEN THEY COULD HAVE CRUSHED OUR SOULS BY RIPPING IT ALL AWAY IN THE SEASON FINALE BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY DO. BUT WHATEVER.
RIGHT NOW, ITS JUST KIND OF BORING AND DONT CARE THAT SAME AND DENA ARE LYING TO EAHC AND NOT TRUTSING OTHER AGIAIN. LIKE REALLY. THEY HAVE DOEN THAT OVER AND OVER ANFD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SUPERNATURAL YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FAVORITE SHOW.